STEPS FOR PROPER DAILY
MAINTENANCE OF YOUR GYM FLOOR
- SWEEP THE WOOD FLOOR DAILY with an untreated dustmop. If the gym floor is used heavily, sweep it up to three times per day.
- WIPE UP SPILLS and any moisture on the gym floor surface.
- CLEAN floor regularly with Squeaky cleaner and towels with a push broom or Court Clean. An auto scrubber can be used if properly maintained.
- MAKE SURE THE HEATING/VENTILATING/AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM IS FUNCTIONING PROPERLY and set to maintain indoor relative humidity between 35 percent and 50 percent year-round. In areas of consistently high or low outside humidity, a 15 percent fluctuation will not adversely affect the maple.
- REMOVE HEEL MARKS using an approved gym floor cleaner applied with a soft cloth or use a tennis ball attached to the end of a broom handle. Contact ARBO’S for approved cleaning products.
- INSPECT GYM FLOOR FOR TIGHTENING OR SHRINKAGE. During wet weather, check for water leakage around doors and windows. Remove debris from expansion voids.
- ALWAYS PROTECT THE HARD WOOD GYMNASIUM FLOOR when moving heavy portable equipment or lifts. Ensure portable equipment does NOT have crowned wheels or wheels that include center ridges remaining from the molding process. These types of wheels can create very significant point loads.
NEVER DO THE FOLLOWING
- NEVER shut down the ventilation system in your athletic facility for a prolonged period.
- NEVER clean your MFMA gym floor using scrubbing machinery or power scrubbers that use water under pressure. Water is your floor’s worst enemy!
- NEVER attempt to modify or repair your MFMA sports floor without first consulting your MFMA contractor.
- NEVER use household cleaning products or procedures. They can be harmful to the gym floor finish and to the wood and may also leave floors sticky or slippery, and potentially harmful to athletes. Your MFMA finish manufacturer will recommend the proper cleaning and maintenance materials for your MFMA sports floor.
- NEVER PUT TAPE ON THE FLOOR!!
- ARBO’S Floor Service, LLC specializes in basketball court annual maintenance coating, and sand and finishing throughout Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.